I discovered another one of George's children the other day and thought I would share this bit of information with you! First, let me give you a bit of background if you are aren't aware of how this all fits together. George's daughter Rebecca is my 4th great grandmother (3rd to many of you!) and we are all related through her daughter, Alice Confer. Alice died in 1875 when her youngest son was just a little toddler. Her husband, Edward died a few years later. This left four little kids with no parents. The kids were sent to live with different relatives, but they still stayed close to each other. We all know that our grandfather, David Hartshorn, lived with his uncle, David. Thomas lived with his aunt Mary. I don't know who William lived with, do any of you? I figured out where Mary went though and that helped us out! Here is a link to the census record that told us the information:
Mary L. Hartshorn in 1880 Census
She is listed as the grand niece of Edward and Mary Roberts. Well, since I know that Edward Roberts was not from her father's line, I figured it must be from her Mother's line! As it turns out Mary fits in perfectly as the missing daughter of George Bennett and Prudence Kime. So....that is who Aunt Mary lived with until she married and moved away. I had heard the story that she was treated like a servant but lived a very good life compared to her brothers.
So...does anyone know who William lived with? He doesn't show up anywhere that I can find. I am hoping someone heard a story about it!
No comments:
Post a Comment