I know it has been awhile since I last posted on the blog. That doesn't mean I haven't been working hard on our family history! In December I worked really hard to complete the application for the Huron County Genealogical Society to list our ancestors as among the first families in the area. I found out a few weeks ago that the application was accepted and they are going to honor them at their banquet in April! Oh how I wish I could go. I'm still holding out hope! Adrienne wants us to go together and so I am going to do everything I can to make it happen, but it is kind of a crazy time.
Henry and Almira (Jennings) Hurlbut were accepted as First Families in the area. We have proof that Henry was in Norwalk as early as 1817! They are my 4th great grandparents.
Thomas Gurley was accepted as an early settler in the area. They wouldn't accept his wife Jane because they need her maiden name to accept her. So...we really need to figure out her maiden name somehow! Thomas was proven to be in the area as early as 1837. Thomas and Jane are my 4th great grandparents.
I was a little surprised, but excited that they also except James Hurlbut and Marie Gurley as families in the area since they were born or lived a good amount of life there. They also accepted Grandma Vera Matilda Hurlbut Hartshorn since she was born in Norwalk, Huron County, Ohio.
If I don't make it out there in April, I will take a picture of the certificate they send me and share it with all of you! I am so excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment