Tuesday, March 5, 2013
Hopeing to find the Passenger lists and Immigration papers
If any of you really read Marie's death certificate you will see that it lists her birthplace as Ohio. I have always been told and seen it written as Londonderry, Ireland. I believe this was just an error that was made when the death certificate as written. I have still never found a birth record for Marie or any of the Gurley children. I thought that if I could find their immigration/passenger list maybe I could determine where they were born and if any of the children were actually born in Ohio. The census record of 1850 states they were all born in Ireland. That was a big help to me. I thought that maybe if I found the parent's death records it might give me more information on their parents or where they lived. Crazy of me to think it would give me much information!! Their obituaries said nothing more than their death date and who their spouse was. Nothing more. It didn't even give me Jane's maiden name! I was very disappointed. Every record I requested from Ohio had very minimal information. I do have deeds, death records, marriage records for a few of the children and their obituaries. Not much to go on! If anyone would like copies of any of this information, let me know! I will email it to you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment