Tuesday, March 5, 2013
Marie Gurley's Beginning information
My first search started with a pedigree chart I received from Aunt for my High School graduation. It has been a wonderful resource to me! Thank you!!! My research started with Grandma's mother, Vera Matilda Hurlbut. I knew that she was born in Norwalk, Warren, Ohio in 1874. Here is her information: Vera Matilda Hurlbut Born 25 Jul 1874 in Norwalk, Warren Ohio Died 12 Dec 1939 in Pasadena, Los Angeles, California Married David Edward Harshorn on 4 Sep 1897 in Pasadena, Los Angeles California This much we have all known to be true. It's with her parents that my research really began. Her parents were James Isaac Hurlbut and Marie Gurley. I began with her Mother, Marie Gurley. She was born in Londonderry, Ireland on January 6, 1836. From her death certificate (which I found on www.familysearch.org) I learned that her Father's name was Thos Gurley (even though it says Hurley!) Thos is a shortened version of the name Thomas. So that is where I began! If you login to www.familysearch.org, click on Family Tree, and then find Marie Gurley on your tree you will see that I have attached her death certificate to her name. Let me know if you would like me to email a copy to you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment