Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Isaac Hayes

So..where has my lastest research taken me?  I have been led to my 6th great grandfather, Isaac Hayes.  His daugther, Nancy Anna Hayes married James Hurlbut.  We descend through their son, Henry Hurlbut who was the father of my ggg grandfather, James Isaac Hurlbut.  We don't know very much about Isaac Hayes.  His name is listed on the marriage of James and Nancy and is found in very few other places.  We don't know the name of his wife or where he died.  I have decided to try and figure this out!  I did find an index of wills that included an Isaac Hayes in Connecticut, but I don't know for sure if this is him.  The actual will is held on microfilm at the Family History Library in Salt Lake.  I am headed down there this week for the RootsTech convention.  I am hoping to make a break through! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment