I finally found the Hurlbut family in 1870! I was so excited! I was also excited to see that I was right about uncle Frank's sisters also living with the family. Here is a link to the census record:
James Hurlbut family in 1870 Census
It lists James, Marie, Kate, Nettie (Antoinette), Frank and Jenny. I am almost 100% sure that Jenny was Aunt Margaret. Her middle name was Jane and I wonder if they called her Janey and the census worker heard 'Jenny'. She was only one years old and that would pretty much fit with Aunt Margaret's birth date.
So, we still haven't found James' first wife Caroline or their youngest daughter Caroline. Uugh. What I did find was James' mother Almira with a girl names Nellie Hurlbut living with her in the 1870 census. I don't know if this another granddaughter of her's or not, but the age of Nellie fits pretty good with Caroline's birthdate. I am wondering if Caroline had a middle name that gave her the nickname Nellie. I still can't find her past 1870, so I we will see what I we can find! All of this makes me think that something tragic must have happened to the mother, Caroline. Where did she go? Did she die? Still no sign of her!
No comments:
Post a Comment