Wednesday, May 29, 2013

James Isaac Hurlbut

I have decided to try and find more information on Grandpa Hurlbut.  I noticed on his Find A Grave memorial that his birth date is wrong and his death date isn't complete.  In fact, I have never seen his full death date anywhere!  So...I decided to see what I could find.  Here is a link to his memorial: James Hurlbut on Findagrave.com

I received a new package from the genealogist I hired in Ohio.  In the package was a newpaper page he had found that included James Hurlbut's obituary.  Yay!  Here is what it said:


I wanted to verify his death date, so I contacted the Mountain View Cemetery to see if they had his burial records.  They didn't have them, but they were able to verify his correct death date.   So...September 30, 1888 was when he died of Typhoid Fever.  I am trying to verify the fact that he died at home in San Diego.  It seems correct so I am going to try and request his death certificate.  I hope they have it! 

Now if we could just find his first wife and figure out what happened to her!

No comments:

Post a Comment