Saturday, May 4, 2013

Information from Professional Genealogist

I have been anxiously awaiting the mail to arrive for the past few days!  I was waiting for the package from the professional genealogist that I hired.  Well, it finally arrived today with so much fun stuff!  He didn't uncover too much, but he found a few things that were pleasant surprises!  First was a copy of a picture of the Thomas Gurley Home in Bronson, Ohio.  Here is a copy of the picture:


He told me the picture was taken in 1898 and that he assumed the woman standing on the front porch was Aura Gurley.  I think he was correct.  Her husband had died the year before and the girls were still teenagers at this point.  What a fun find!  

The second wonderful piece of information that found was so fun!  He found a son that was born to James and Marie Hurlbut!!  A long lost brother to grandma Vera!  He was only 3 months old when died and was their first child.  He was born and died in 1866.  His name was Thomas Gurley Hurlbut.  Wonderful surprise!   I have a copy of his obituary.  

Third piece of information he found was the possible marriages of Kate and Antoinette (Nettie) Hurlbut.  They were the daughters of Grandpa James from his first marriage to Caroline Carter.  They are also Uncle Frank's sisters.  So fun!!  It says that Kate was married to a Frank Shotten and Nettie to Henry Moshier.  These are added to my future research to do list!  I do have the marriage records for both of them.  Now I just need to prove that it is them!



No comments:

Post a Comment